Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Mother Who Gives Us the Future


When the natural tides went calm,
The Cyclone Nagis settled down,
One of my hands lifted up,
And wiped something in my face down.

Everything I'd known was gone,
My parents too abandoned,
I was left all alone,
Where would I go I didn't know.

The tears were in my eyes,
But I didn't know how to cry,
I felt something touched on me,
It was I knew a deity.

The heaven sent one fairy,
who came to the world t'save me,
Many other children together,
Who were left by their ma.

The fairy consoled us all,
With her kindness much more,
I felt I got stronger,
Though I lost my mother.

We all call her our Ma,
She loves us forever,
She gives us the future,
We'll never lose the mother.

These poems are composed indicating my beloved sister who has fostered and adopted nine children who are the victims of the Cyclone Nagis in Burma.

No comments: