Sunday, January 17, 2010

Reincarnation (2)


I mockingly call him an 'egg' as his head is egg-shaped. No reaction from him comes to me, though, and he is a very quiet man. When I first met him, my age was just at 14. He is two years younger than me and I am one of his senior students at the school. We are in different classes but I happen to hear of his popularity over his unique intelligence and brilliance. The whole school acknowledge his brightness and wonderful memory. One glance is enough for him to memorise something he is learning. Such marvelous guy he is. His name is Mr Aung Htun.

Aung Htun has one diary where he usually notes down something whenever he gets extra time. I am curious about his behaviour. I cannot help myself to know what he writes in that booklet. But his book is always safely kept in his school bag. I don't really want to make myself dishonest but my curiosity doesn't allow me to be such a honest person in this case. I have to make up my mind to find out what that guy secretly composes. I am waiting for an appropriate time which may give me a chance to fulfill my thirsty wonder.

A day I have been waiting for directly comes to me. Mr Egg get out of the class leaving his school bag on a table. I feel pleased with this situation, go to the table, and hurriedly take out his secret diary. When I am reading it, I am really astonished. It says that he is a reincarnation. He has written about his previous life. But I fell laughed at, to be honest. It says he was a woman in his past life.

Her name in the past life was 'Daw Nge' a mother of three daughters and living in the central part of Myanmar. Her town is 'Pyaw Bwae' where Mr Aung Htun was born again. Mrs Nge was very often went to a nearby monastery where she invested much of her time to meditation. Though her family was in poverty, her mind was always calm and peaceful with meditation. She was very much delight in her situation under the shade of the Three Gems: Buddha, Dhamma and Samgha. Meditation changed her chaotic family disaster into utterly peacefulness.

Life, however, does not go always evenly but it is occasionally fluctuated. One day when she was walking to the monastery for her punctual meditation, she came cross on the way a wild dog which angrily bit her. There was no one who could help her there. She could not go to the monastery any more but had to return home with a bloody body. Though she was severely bit by the dog, she had not lost her mind in meditation. Furthermore, she even reckoned that the dog might test her resilience and resistance. Patience provided her mind calmer down.

She could not overcome this hill and soon she had to take a usual path of all beings; death. Due to her punctual meditation at the monastery, she was reborn in the same town but in a different family. However, in this life, Daw Nge was reborn as a man who remembers whole story of his life in the past. She becomes He. A woman becomes a man.

When I am stealthily reading his book, Mr Egg is standing behind me waiting for the time till I finished. I do not notice him. But fortunately he does not say anything. He smiles me and asks whether I am interested in his story. I reply in positive. I return to my table and sit on a bench pondering Mr Egg's story which depicts his life of reincarnation. If his story is really true, what about mine? Am I also a reincarnation? Then, where did I come from? Why don't I remember anything about my past life? May be there is something mysterious which my understanding could not reach.




No comments: